<$BlogRSDUrl$>

10516.0

No new pictures yet. I'd use the excuse that the scanner is in a box for moving, but I only packed on Saturday.

So I'm moving within Jacksonville from 32217 to 32204, that is, from the sort-of non-descript blur that is west Baymeadows meets east San Jose meets south San Marco to Riverside. Yup, just Riverside. Well, ok, technically, it's Riverside-Avondale, though the two neighborhoods are a bit distinct from each other. The new 'hood is more historic, more walkable, closer to nifty cultural things downtown, and has a higher percentage of 'blue' voters, but is a little farther from work. I had to laugh when I was apartment hunting and I saw a car that was sticker-free, but had in its back window both Tinky-Winky AND SpongeBob SquarePants. But that's not the building I'm moving into. :) I can walk to nifty restaurants and cool little shops and a Publix and a couple of green, clean parks (one on the St John's river, hence the name), all in less than a mile, less than half a mile in some cases. I'm looking forward to the change.

The other event of note, is that on Saturday, I turned 34. This is an event of little note, however, as 34 is not a terribly interesting number. Ok, it's a little interesting, but who's ever heard of a heptagonal number or a nontient? 33 is a double-number, so that's cool. 32 is 100000 in binary, so that's cool. 31 is prime, 30 is a decade-year, 29 is prime, 28 is perfect, 27 is cubic, 26 was my golden birthday, 25 is a quarter-century, you get the idea. Even going into the future, 35 is the tipping point from 30 to 40, 36 is square, 37 is prime, and so on. About the only thing cool about being 34 is that I've lived longer than Jesus, depending on your interpretation of the story. And, in living longer, I've drawn a lot less attention to myself, good thing bad thing? It's safer, but far less interesting.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?